How is Urb & Burb different from other Real estate Brokerages?
At Urb and Burb, we believe the very first and most important step in finding your new home, is finding the community that is right for you and your family. We are data driven and strategic in our approach to narrow down over 200 Chicagoland communities to your top 5. Then we help you to filter the top 5 down to 2 using more subjective criteria. We have created a proprietary database of school performance data, commute times, area median prices, area demographic, and neighborhood amenities like farmers markets and park district facilities. We do the leg work so instead of spending hours combing the internet for information, you can spend your valuable time visiting top neighborhoods and talking to resident families to see if it is the right fit. After finding the right neighborhood, we match you to a real estate agent who lives and works in that neighborhood and knows it inside and out.
What is the cost of Urb & Burb’s Consulting Services?
It’s free to our clients!
My mother taught me that you pay for what you get! How can Urb & Burb offer quality services for FREE?
We make our money from the seller’s agency fee once you purchase a home. As a buyer, you don’t pay for our services.
What are the benefits of working with Urb & Burb ?
- 3rd Party Neutrality: You get to work with a Living Location Expert who will not give you the hard sell on any one property, and whose only goal is to help you settle on a suburb or neighborhood that best suits your family’s needs. We will be a sounding board as you move into the phase of house hunting.
- Personalized service: There are many websites out there that will give you an encyclopedia of data on about any community factor you can imagine. But data is not information and can be overwhelming. At Urb and Burb, we listen to your lifestyle and home needs and present you with organized, concise information that helps you narrow down the right community and home for your family. No cookie cutter realty here!
- Area Specific Realtors: Only after you have decided which neighborhoods or suburbs fit you, will you be paired with an agent. We have strategically created a team of agents who live and work in each specific community. You will be in good hands with an agent who know your area like to back of hers.
- Local Concierge: We arrange for you to speak to families who live in the top 2 neighborhoods you are considering. You can ask questions about day to day life in the community, specific school details beyond the reported scores and area amenities and entertainment. (see additional details below)
- Day Dates: Instead of driving around a neighborhood aimlessly on a weekend, we give you 4-5 key spots (restaurants, parks, activity centers…) that will allow you to experience the neighborhood. You can interact with people from the neighborhood and determine if you feel at home here.
Is the Urb & Burb a Licensed Real Estate Company?
Yes we are. We are a licensed real estate brokerage in the states of ILLINOIS. We are members of the Midwest Real Estate Data MLS and the Chicago Area Realtors Association. We cover over 200 communities within commuting distance to downtown Chicago. We are the ONLY company that offers personal lifestyle and neighborhood consulting to our clients as part of the home buying process.
Who are the Local Concierges?
Local concierges are carefully selected individuals who once made the exact same decision you are making presently. They once navigate the same web of factors and information and decided that a particular community best suits them. They can provide you their experience of the town they live in: The good, the bad and the up and coming! These are not real estate agents; they are not selling you on anything. They are there to answer the questions, you can’t just Google! They also can answer any subjective questions you have on schools and the community in general, this is something a licensed agent cannot do (due to Federal and State Fair Housing Laws).